Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Saints vs Seahawks Bounty

The Seahawks have recently been brought up in the New Orleans Saints bounty scheme. We are all tired of this story and can't wait to move on but I have to voice my opinion on this matter before I bury it in the archive.  
Courtesy of Star Tribune
My first thought is that I can't stand Rodger Goodell's role as Judge, Jury and Executioner.  He is just so unlikable.  I seriously feel as though he should do the right thing and create a council or team of administrators to decide on issues related to the NFL.  I don't care that the NFP Players Association agreed to Goodell's Reign of Terror.  I think they made a mistake but ultimately just wanted/needed to get back to playing football.  For the good of the game Goodell needs to develop a check and balance system.  I think he, not concussions are more detrimental to the shield's status going forward.
Courtesy of CBS News
My second thought is about the New Orleans Saints.  The whole country loved you.  We all rooted for you.  We had our favorite team of course but nobody in the country could root against you following Hurrican Katrina.  Now that is gone.  In fact many fans not to mention teams will be circling the Saints on their calendar for years to come.  I certainly think that until every team mentioned in the report has had a crack at the Saints they will stay in the frontal lobe of every player and team.  We recently discovered information regarding the playoff game against the Seahawks with photos of Matt HasselbeckMike Williams, and Marshawn Lynch. " There is even an image of a soldier's view through a gun scope.  Now I don't think any of this alone is scary or concerning but I do think it shows proof that a lot of time and dedication was put towards the scheme that these players and coaches who were punished want to see reduced. I'm sorry happy they got their punishment.  I don't think it is too harsh.  I think it sends a message and I like the message! If the players and coaches want time reduced I think they should reread their own words in regards to their pregame speeches in Seattle for that historical playoff game. Here is a glimpse at what they had to say as they read from a photo with several bullet points on that day, "Now its time to do our job...collect bounty$$$!" and "No apologies! Let's go hunting!"  Hunting? Seriously? Who got the last laugh?  I think we all know the outcome on this day.  However, I am more than happy to help regenerate that feeling if you some how have forgotten.
Courtesy of the Cleveland Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post.