Thursday, June 7, 2012

Seahawks Punished For What?

I have been a firm believer in the idea that Roger Goodell is too powerful.  Do I think I am the first and last person to feel this way? No, I think it would be hard to find anyone but the Commissioner who feels like the power in the NFL is distributed fairly.  However, Seahawk fans cannot blame Goodell for this recently handed down punishment.  This is something the players agreed to in the collective bargaining agreement.

Do I think all the players agreed to this?  No, I think it's most likely that veteran players with a closer expiration date to the end of their NFL careers voted heavily on this measure.  I also feel that this rule negatively effects younger teams like the Seahawks because:
1. They are really hungry to perfect their craft.
2. They have fresh legs and can bounce back faster.
3. The NFL is still new to them and they have not grown complacent in their NFL uniform.

What would I like to see done here?  I would like to see the NFL look more like our federal government.  You know because it runs so smoothly...right?  No, I like this concept as I think individual teams should be seen like the individual states in our country.  They can make decisions such as practice time, style and length independently of the NFL as a whole.  If the Seahawks want to practice longer and harder than the 49ers so be it.  Let's leave it up to the individual teams to decide.  Rodger Goodell can oversee each of the teams but the teams can make final decisions.

Check out this audio clip of Pete Carroll giving us a little in insight to their practices and the situation.  Sounds like a fire is burning in the bellies of some players out on the practice field.  I like it!
http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/player/?station=KJR-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=softy.xml&mid=22155112

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post.