Saturday, August 25, 2012

I can't believe it but I'm in on Russell Wilson

Let me tell you a little story about myself.  I grew up in Washington but recently moved to New York/New Jersey.  I work at a technology firm where we create universal marketing tools for anyone between ma and pa shops to fortune 500 companies.  When I first created this blog I was able dedicate some time to writing in this blog daily.  Recently I have not been able to do much so I apologize for my lack of dedication.  After watching last nights game from the east coast...what a treat for me, I decided I need to find time to rededicate myself.  You see in April I may have been the most outspoken hater of our 3rd round pick.  That's right, I watched every round of the draft.  I read nearly every article I could find.  As I have a tech job I sat at my desk with headphones on getting more and more annoyed everyday that Brock and Salk had serious man crushes on Wilson.  My man crush was of course Andrew Luck and to a much lesser degree Brock Osweiler. I was not shy in saying exactly who I wanted and what round I wanted them in.  I may not be able to quote myself verbatim at this point but I must have said something like "all I want is for the Seahawks to not draft Russell Wilson."

Okay, I feel terrible about saying that.  It wasn't personal, I always thought he was a great person, I just happen to be old school with my approach to what a qb needs to be.  I like them 6-3 to 6-5 and 225ish.  I think a strong man is a man that can admit when he is wrong.  While this is still preseason so I should set my Koolade cup down for a few more weeks; I have to be up front and clear my guilty conscious. I was wrong.  Pete got another pick right.  I think we found ourselves another gem.  Keep up the great focus, energy and performance. You are a very likable player and honestly I think a budding star that the whole country will fall in love with soon.  Not even ESPN can avoid the Seahawks with Wilson as our starter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post.