Friday, September 14, 2012

Is it a bird, is it a plane is it Superman that John Moffitt is looking up at?  No, its our hope of getting back on track and winning a very big game.  I'm usually known for being a little too dramatic and sensitive to what has recently happened.  To steal a common phrase by everyone's least favorite ESPN pundit Skip Bayless,  I may even go as far as describing myself as a "prisoner of the moment". That being said I think this is a very big game.  Not because it's the Boys in town.  That is big for Dallas fans but for the rest of us we just see them as a team from a big state.  We certainly don't see them as a big team.  And even further my generation should never describe them as America's Team.  That phrase forces a little up-chuck in my mouth every time I hear it.  While I've professed my love for T.O. before on this blog I was never about to adopt the Cowboys as my team.  While I like Romo and I currently have Dez Bryant on my fantasy team you will not see me for a second smile or cheer if the Cowboys do anything well on Sunday.  I am all Seahawk all the time!

Now getting back to the Seahawks and the importance of this game.  What do we need on Sunday?  We need big John Moffitt and his nastiness to get aggressive, to be the mauler and bulldozer he showed signs of being during his rookie year.  I don't want to poo poo on the J.R. Sweezey story as it was really exciting and notable but it's time to open up lanes for Marshawn, provide protection for Wilson and downright dominate the line of scrimmage. Moffitt was a man beast last year and I expect to see
The Beast control the game on Sunday because Moffiitt is back.  Will this change make all the difference we need?  Most likely no but I think Wilson will be more posed and confident right from the start.  Could we really expect a rookie qb to feel comfortable in the first quarter of his first NFL game?  I don't think so.  Then when you see a 6-4 290 lbs Darnell Dockett in Wilson's face all day long you have to wonder how the Seahawks were even close at the end.  I give the Seahawks a lot more credit than the sports radio hosts have been this week.  We are one dropped pass by _______ fill in the blank (Rice, Baldwin, Edwards) from winning the game in.  Dare I say that my favorite T.O. might have caught that last pass?  What about Kellen Winslow?  Who knows?  What we do know is that the Seahawks and the offensive line need to get it done this week because it won't get any easier next week with the Packers.  Let's get back on the right track.  Let's be loud 12th man!  Let's win!!!    

2 comments:

  1. I agree - the Sweezy story is great, but that doesn't mean he is starter material yet. Moffitt is 20lbs heavier and just as mean! Hey your next poll question should be an Over/Under on how many games Okung will start before getting injured...Dude is snakebitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakebitten? Take it back. I may be drinking the Koolaid but I think he will be okay. Hey feel free to add any poll you want. Just click on the design link in the top right corner of the gray bar. Click on add gadget but make sure it is just above the current poll. I just want the polls to consistently appear along the left side and at the top. Once you click on the add gadget just scroll down until you see the poll option.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment about this post.