Monday, October 15, 2012

Sherman Talking Smack?

What is your opinion of the smack talk delivered to Tom Brady following the game?  Don't get me wrong I was getting pretty burnt up when I saw Brady motioning to the 12th man with his hand to give him more noise.  But I also feel like Brady is one of, if not, the classiest players in the NFL.  Think about the number of big game losses he has suffered recently and tell me if you would handle it as well as he has.  I, for one, would not be able to.  I struggle with a Fantasy Football loss so how can I compare myself to the likes of Tom Brady losing in the Super Bowl after a perfect season or losing a Super Bowl following a dropped pass by his most trusted wrs?
Check out these comments from a recent ESPN post I made.  What are your thoughts?

My wife, as I imagine many wives out there get a little more interested and excited about football when Tom Brady is involved.  Don't get the wrong impression she is a TRUE SEAHAWK through and through but I'm not too proud to say I fully understand that her interest peaks when Tom Brady is involved.  My philosophy is that Tom Brady has helped me watch, discuss and enjoy more football.  And for that I will welcome him into my home any Sunday. 

Check out my wife's contribution...You know you have married the right woman when she can provide this sort of information about football. This is some great research!

(Tom Brady quotes on playing for the first time in Seattle and the impact of the crowd...)
The opponent was the Seahawks...it wasn't the crowd or the weather or the refs. It was the Seahawks and we lost to a good football team. They certainly play well at home. We had an opportunity and we just didn't get it done." 

"They are a good defense. They really force you to make good plays. When we made them today we did a good job and when we made bad plays they took advantage of them. They have a good secondary and a good pass rush. Obviously they are a very good team. They are playing well."

If Brady thinks this way, we must be doing something right!! Maybe our luck has spiked and the Patriots has fallen... Of course, its not luck, it comes down to... me.  Yes- my energy this season is so powerful that the hawks can feel their 12th woman cheer them on :) Just playing.  Their skill is clearly growing and thanks to the positive energy of Pete, everything is looking up!!!




4 comments:

  1. The Hawks lead the league in penalties, but have that bully mentality on D. I think they need to find a happy medium. You saw Browner's cheap shot on Jennings? Same as Sherman talkin shit - crossing that line. If you could build a QB, you would build Brady. I love the confidence, but I could do without that stuff. He wouldn't have found him after the game if Wilson didn't bail him out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confused. He wouldn't have found him after the game if Wilson didn't bail him out? Who is he? And who did Wilson bail out of the Patriot game?

    I agree the cheap shot on Jennings was ridiculous and embarrassing. I love the tough and nasty attitude but keep it within the rules of the game and never bring it post game. Brady can talk crap during the game as I know both you and I have done so when we were "athletes" but after the game Brady is as classy as it gets. That is how the Seahawks should be. That is how everyone should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant that I bet Sherman wouldn't have found Brady after the game had Russell Wilson not bailed them out with that picture perfect bomb to win it. Sherman says it's cause Brady told him to find him after the game, but something tells me Sherman would not have found him had the Hawks lost. Gloating would be the word I would use. Is Sherman an idiot? Yes. Do I want him in my secondary? Hell yeah. Sorry bout my poor writing skills in my last post. It was at 9:21 PM, so MNF beer could be to blame...

      Delete
  3. Not a problem as I welcome all of your posts. You make some great points and once again I agree with everything you just stated. Sherman would not have sought out Brady and I don't like the smack but I will happily take it if he keeps playing the way he is playing. I am really excited about tonight's 49er game! THis should get down right nasty. Maybe even as nasty as the Obama vs Romney Debate!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment about this post.